GIVEN NAME: Jose Gomes
ALIASES: Jose “Sanguessuga” Gomes, Sanguessuga, The Leech
BIRTHPLACE: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
RESIDENCE: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
HEIGHT: 6’1 1/2″
WEIGHT: 251 lbs
YEARS PRO: 1
BLOOD TYPE: AB
CATEGORY: Chemically Assisted & Raw
VERTICAL LEAP: 40″
100-METER DASH: 10.5 seconds
SHOT PUTT: 19 meters
FIGHTING STYLE: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
TEAM: Jose Gomes BJJ & Weightlifting School Of Manhood (He is the main instructor of his own BJJ/Weightlifting school in Rio, Brazil)
SPORTS: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Olympic Weightlifting
OCCUPATION: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu instructor / Olympic weightlifting coach
GRAPPLING RECORD: 37-2-1
- 3rd Degree Black Belt Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- 2 times ADCC Submission Wrestling World Champion (+99 kg & Absolute) last year.
- 2 times World (Mundial) Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Champion (+100 kg & Absolute) last year.
- 2 times Pan-American Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Champion (+100 kg & Absolute)
- 2 times Brazilian National (Brasileiro) Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt Champion (+100 kg & Absolute)
CLEAN AND JERK: 505.5 lbs (229.3 kg)
SNATCH: 401.5 lbs (182.5 kg)
TOTAL: 907 lbs (412.27 kg)
- Placed 12th in Weightlifting (Men +105 kg) at the Summer Olympics Games. He was 25 years old and the lightest competitor of the weight class.
- A two-sport athlete.
- Started BJJ at the age of 8.
- Started Olympic weightlifting at the age of 10.
- Earned his BJJ black belt at the age of 20.
- Placed 12th in Weightlifting (+105kg) at the Olympics at the age of 25.
- Defeated The Big Thing at the Alpha Male / Strength Fighter Of The Year competition. The Big Thing submitted in 4:51 from exhaustion.
ABOUT HIS FIGHTING STYLE: “Jiu Jitsu is enough. I focus on what I do best.” He is one of the best Jiu Jitsu fighters of all times.
STRATEGY: Sticking to his opponent like a leech… Doing all king of locks and chokes to make them tap out or pass out… Hair pulling, using his gi as a weapon.
ARSENAL: Throws, Joint Locks, Holds, Trapping and Chokes… Which include Triangles, Omaplatas, Gogoplatas, Kimura, Gi Chokes, Judo Throws…
GEAR: A short GI – less to grab for the enemy – covered with patches from head to toes. Has hard patches on the end of his sleeves and on his collar to make his gi very difficult, if not impossible, to hold onto. (UST 4)
ENTOURAGE: School Of Manhood. 15 students from his School Of Manhood holding his school flag and wearing the School Of Manhood/Team Gomes T-shirt.
HOME FIELD: Estadio do Maracana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (95,000 spectators)
THEME SONG: Ennio Morricone – Ecstasy of Gold (The good, the bad and the ugly)
THE LEECH™, Jose “Sanguessuga” Gomes™ is the exclusive property and creation of PYGOD
SLAUGHTERSPORT™ is 100% created, operated, and owned by PYGOD
No graphics, text, icons, names, logos, scripts, scenarios or photos from this site may be used without permission.
Copyright 2015-2020. PYGOD.COM. All rights reserved.